Wednesday, February 18, 2009

AS WE WERE DOING ONE RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS ANOTHER ONE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.............

Tuesday February 17th, 2009
My mom and I was going to the other side of town to drop off some clothing at the local Salvation Army on East 5th St. We were on Joplin Street and came across a trash bin in the middle of the road. She had pulled over off to the side of the street and turned her flashers on. I asked my mom what she was doing. She said, "Well, aren't you going to remove it from the middle of the street so no cars hit it?"
I then opened the car door and got out, while I was doing this random act of kindness, it hit me.....who knows if there is an elderly lady that lives there and can't get out, or what if someone that lives there is sick and dreading getting out in the blustery wind and cold.
I then felt relieved to know what I had just done helped whomever that lives there, and I could've possibly saved someone from hitting the trash bin and hurting their car, or possibly saving an accident from occuring. It felt good to take the initiative and do something good.

2 comments:

  1. Haley this is Mr. Hessong and I want to tell you what I did on Wednesday, Feb. 18. On my way home from school my boys and I turned down the rode we live on and we saw a man standing by this white truck. He flagged us down and I pulled over to see what he needed. He told me he had run out of gas on his way home. He asked if I would go get him some gas in town. He had a gas can and gave me some money. He couldn't go with us because he had his kids in the truck with him. While I was driving back in town I thought to myself that when I got a chance I would post a comment on your website about my RAK. When we got back to the man's truck with his gas, he offered me some money for going and getting the gas for him. I told him I would not accept it because this RAK would give me reason to post on your website and that was money well spent on my part. It makes me feel good that you and Taylor have taken the initiative to create this blog and encourage people to MAKE A DIFFERENCE in their communities. You and Taylor have made a positive difference in our school and I hope we, at school, have helped in giving you the tools to promote PEACE. Thanks for being great kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Hessong,

    Thank you for sharing your RAK. It made us want to cry, but then we realized how very thoughtful you were of the man and his children, and what a great statement you made. We're hoping that he felt good that there are still wonderful people in our society that makes a difference in everyday life. And we're glad you are one of them.
    You make a difference everyday in what you do and providing "us youngsters" to always do what is best.
    Thank you again for sharing your RAK, and hopefully people will follow in your footsteps and leave their comments that are much appreciated!!!

    ~Haley & Taylor~

    ReplyDelete