Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WHAT WONDERFUL PEOPLE THERE ARE IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD


MONDAY February 16th, 2009

On Monday I was informed from the Pittsburg Public Library that I had a book overdue by three days. This was my first overdue book and I gave it to my mom to take back while I was in school. I knew it was only ten cents a day, but I felt badly for it not being on time.
Well, when I got home, my mom said the charges were waived by the nice lady at the check-in/check-out department of the library. It is because of these random acts of kindness that can put a smile on someones face, no matter how small.

My mom went ahead and left a donation and offered sincere thanks to the lady. I don't know if you have ever visited the library, but if you have, then you know it is a diamond waiting to be found. If not, you should go. The Young Adult Librarian, Bev Troglia is an awesome help as well. Check out their website if you get a chance. http://www.pittsburgpubliclibrary.org/
I then went on to hand out more RAK cards at the local convenient store, and at the local Sonic Drive-In. We have managed to hand out 400 cards so far~ If you get a chance please post something nice you have done today, no matter how small it was!


No comments:

Post a Comment